Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What a day!!

Well I was all excited to meet with a lady and talk to her about shows and crafts etc. She was not able to meet so I need to call her and see if we can just talk on the phone. I was told she is hard to track down. I am a bit bummed... I did go to another store/salon that is looking at my jewelry. I made 2 sales and also did an exchange for an eye and lip wax for my jewelry! That was good! I also need to get a few stands and they will house my jewelry. I am pretty excited. That is two places in town that will have my jewelry. I have one more store that is not in my town but about 5 miles out of my town that wants my jewelry as well. We are trying to find a glass case to put my items in.

I also went to the post office to mail off a bracelet that a lady bought off of Etsy. She lives in Australia and I have never shipped out of country yet. I was so surprised that it only cost $1.80 to ship the item and it will take 5-10 days to get there. That was a big surprise and cheaper than I thought!

About the Necklace set below!!
Oh I forgot to mention the jewelry below this post is made out of paper beads. The women of Uganda make them for a living, income for their family. Some of the women or their kids have aids, others have lost their husband from a tragic incident. They are working to support their families. Part of the sales 20% and I will round up to the nearest dollar will go back to them. It is a great cause. If you want to donate just email me and I will tell you how you can send the funds to me and I will put in the account and write a check every month.

No comments: